Sunday, January 18, 2009

Last week I received the news that I would be leaving Tuesday, January 27th- and the countdown began!! My last day of work is this Wednesday, then I'll have to start cracking down and begin to pack! I am very excited that I will be able to bring summer clothes for the 80 degree weather they have :)

Tuesday, I will be leaving from Dulles at 5:40pm and arriving in Johannesburg, South Africa, 3:50pm (local time- they are 7 hours ahead). I have a reservation at a beautiful Bed and Breakfast, The Lilypad, about 10 minutes away from the airport, and they will send someone to pick me up so I won't have to worry about getting a taxi or anything! The next day, I depart Johannesburg at 10:40am and arrive in Livingstone, Zambia, at 12:30pm. From there, the missionaries from Children of Zion Village will pick me up and we'll drive a few hours to the orphanage in Namibia.

I am definitly very excited to leave, but I am starting to get a little nervous! Right now, the biggest fear I have is the airplane ride, which I'm always a little anxious about anyway. Luckily, I got the window seats I requested :)

As always, I appreciate all of your prayers and contributions- you all have helped me achieve this dream!

No comments: